Saturday 12 March 2011

Taking a Tumble

Today I came down from the proverbial high horse. Well, not so much came down as fell down. All it took, dare I say it, was one Facebook comment and I seem to have spent the entire day brooding about it. About me.

My (Facebook) friend back home, someone I studied with, I call him a friend because he is one of the few that does stay in touch and likes to keep up with my travels. Now and then we have a good banter about our whereabouts- mine in some weird country doing some weird thing and his, well his is usually his cubicle working on the latest ad. 

Today I made a jab at him: he was just jealous because I'm taking cool pics while he's just fiddling around with pixels. Need I say, that was quite the bitchy remark and he didn't take it too well. In the greater scheme of things it did make me realise though, that I may need to cool down on the free-spirit, why-grow-up kind of thinking. I mean, that's fine if I want to rebel against the 'system' but that doesn't mean everyone has to or wants to think the same. I think I may have got a little too serious about this anti-average Joe, two and a half kids, white picket fence rebellion that seems to be a travellers undercurrent. Or maybe that's just my ego. Either way I want to put a lid on things and enjoy my choices and what I'm doing- which means leaving others to do the same.

It's no wonder I didn't fall off...
.... after spending a truly Spanish Friday afternoon in
Malaga (2010) with this sweet landlord...

.... playing this...
... and drinking (lots) of this...

No comments:

Post a Comment